Electronics-Lab.com Community

flyback transformer driver

kid_kv

look carefully through the high voltage section  youll find flyback driver circuit  it uses a 25k pot and 10k potentiometer or variable resistor, dont worry if you cant find trimpots as i dont use them i use potentiometer s, the flyback driver circuit i used was oriiginally  used in the vortex canon circuit i collected from the net and its allso an transformer driver circuit to . so biuld from  the circuits posted.

go to page 3 in the high voltage stuff section look at flyback driver schematic. if you want to measure the high voltage output on a digital multimeter look at high voltage resistor devider. and if you dont have a flyback transformer with a biult in high voltage trippler  to give bigger longer arcs  use a high voltage trippler, to the flyback you can get them separate .  or you can biuld the simple ignition coil driver circuit  that uses an ignition coil  and you can use the separate flyback high voltagew trippler to that to get high voltage dc arcs to

your luckey ive never had 10 or 15 kv caps as the local electronics stores dont have them of that rateing , so with some of my ignition coil drivers i use a high voltage trippler, to tripple the output hv from the ignittion coil, some hv tripplers are larger and black in colour if youve see all my postings includeing the ones i emailed to mixos to upload for me  before i lernt how to upload them myself . gooc luck with your circuit let me know how you go and i look forward to seeing it when you post the details

• 8 months later...

Is it the current value at the primary windings of the flyback crucial to produce HV output?? By varying the input voltage value, can we obtain varies HV?? i'm not pretty sure about the operating principles of flyback transformer...heheh

I have a deep interest in this kind of projects since i had no experience at all in HV generation....

i dont really know the technicle side of the flyback drivers, i just biuld them from  circuits ive collected  and they work great but if you power one driver from a 12 volts lead acid cell  with a current of even 2 amps or around that or maybe over or under it works even better  but at 12 volts  i even used a 12 volts transformer with a low current rateing and it worked ok to so exsperiment  and you will find out which works at powering the driver and what dosent work , remember the metal oxide varistor to protect the mosfet , in the driver circuit its a must , in order to petect that static sensitive mosfet to .

• 2 weeks later...

There is currently a guy selling HI V caps from Bulgaria...on E-bay...They are pretty cheap, but the postage isn't...Also I dislike Amazing1...they are like the biggest ripoff artists going.
                                                                                                mike