• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Audiogurur
First of all thanks for ur greeting  :D
I tried to read the data sheet but for sorry it didnt help me i still cant understand how we can use this IC3 in such a operation...
Is it possible to help me with the operation of IC3A and IC3b and the realation between them and the exernal connections... i really want to understand this....

Hi Audioguru
Thanks for your help again
Actually i`m in need of your help again i hope i`m nt dist. you  :)
The first one about R8 What effect does this resistor for the signal when changing its value?
The second and the last one about the Inverters (IC2) Why two of them connected in series (IC2b+IC2c) While the other three (IC2d+IC2F+IC2E) Connected in parallel?
Thanks for your help
Have a nice day

The first one about R8 What effect does this resistor for the signal when changing its value?

The DC output voltage of the inverter that feeds R8 is a little high, so reducing the value of R8 reduces its DC voltage which makes the inverters following it operate at their most sensitive voltage, and the LED will turn off if there is no signal.

The second and the last one about the Inverters (IC2) Why two of them connected in series (IC2b+IC2c) While the other three (IC2d+IC2F+IC2E) Connected in parallel?

The series inverters are biased so that they are linear amplifiers. The third one amplifies the output of the second one and the second one amplifies the output of the first one for very high voltage gain.

A Cmos inverter has a low output current. Three in parallel have 3 times as much output current as one so they can supply enough current to light the LED, and still have enough output voltage to drive IC3.

Hi Audioguru
I really want to thank you for your help again
i really wonder if i can use a Buzzer in the load section so i can get a sound when the Input frequency is larger or equal to (1/2RC) and i need your suggestion about this if its possible...

Another question about the (1000MicroF  and 470 MicroF) Capacitors, why we are using this Values and why is attached in that postions the same question goes for the two Resistors Connected between pin[9 10 12]

I`m really sorry for the amount of questions but i`m really willing to know and understand everything in this circuit becaues i`m intrested in it.

Thanks for being so helpfull its so nice to get help from a kind person like you

R4 and R5 have equal values and are in series across the supply. Their junction is a DC voltage that is half the supply voltage and is used as the DC reference voltage for opamp IC1 and for the opamp at pin 11 of the LM2917. The output of the parallel inverters is also about half the supply voltage and is connected to the pin 1 input of the opamp in the LM2917 so it can amplify the signal very well.

Hi Audiogurur
I have another question about the Capacitor C2 that is connected to IC2A which has a feedback R7 does this makes IC2A a Diffrentiator and if yes what is the need of it?

And another thing about capacitor C1 What is the main purpose of it?

Really thanks for your help you are so helpfull

Have a nice day

Hi Audioguru
you told me before that the capacitors can filter out alternator whine and some nosie .. i just wonder how can capacitor do that? and does the filtration improves when we increase the capacitor value? i just want to know the realtion between the capacitors and the filtering thing and how it works..

Hi Mandavar,
A properly designed and connected car amplifier does not reproduce alternator whine.
Its high gain circuit should be supplied with a filtered DC supply voltage. The filter is a resistor in series then a capacitor to ground at the amplifier's high gain circuit.

A capacitor has "reactance" which is its impedance that depends on its value and on the frequency. A high value or a high frequency will attenuate the interfering frequency better.

The sensor coil develops a small voltage across it when it picks up a signal.
The inputs of a differential amplifier are opposites. A signal between them is differential and is amplified. The voltage from the sensor coil is between the inputs.
The same common-mode signal (interference) to both inputs is cancelled.

Hi Audioguru
in the operation description of this project the author write down that IC2B To IC2F (Cmos Inveters) do a clean pluse squaring to the signal. my qustion is how by inverting a signal we can have a clean pluse squaring operation?
And does these inverters further amplifiy the signal besides the inverting?

in the operation description of this project the author write down that IC2B To IC2F (Cmos Inveters) do a clean pluse squaring to the signal. my qustion is how by inverting a signal we can have a clean pluse squaring operation?
And does these inverters further amplifiy the signal besides the inverting?

A Cmos inverter has a gain of about 30 with a 9V supply voltage. This circuit has 4 0f them cascaded so their total gain is about 810,000 so a tiny signal at the input causes the last few inverters to produce clean saturated square-waves.
Here is a graph showing that the gain of a Cmos inverter depends on its supply voltage:

post-1706-14279143282244_thumb.png

• 3 months later...