Electronics-Lab.com Community

Need a Robotics Topic

Roboticinfo

Really, let me give you an example.

This is a hypothetical example 

Say I was new in robotics (which I am not) and I needed a lot of sources for robot wheels, what topic would I put this in?

Here is another
Say I want to know some of the tools on robotics, what topic should this go in?

See
I bet you have know answer.

Robotics is a topic not individual parts, that is what you don't understand.

That is just like going to a car dealer and asking for the body and for the wheels and the axles and elec, but you say I will take the engine later.

That is not what robotics is.

In a sumo compatiton they dont say here is are microcontroller, engineering, locomotion items and elec.

They say here is are robots

If I go to a car dealer it is because I like to buy a complete car, not a rear end or a set of bumpers. If I am going to build a car myself it will be a completely different story. Then I like to choose which engine I want and the ratio of the rear and also the size and width of the tires and so on. So if I understand you correctly you should just go to the mall and buy a complete ready built robot, this way you don’t have to break down a complex construction into its sections and smaller parts! I guess the shoes didn’t fit after all!

If I go to a car dealer it is because I like to buy a complete car, not a rear end or a set of bumpers. If I am going to build a car myself it will be a completely different story. Then I like to choose which engine I want and the ratio of the rear and also the size and width of the tires and so on. So if I understand you correctly you should just go to the mall and buy a complete ready built robot, this way you don’t have to break down a complex construction into its sections and smaller parts! I guess the shoes didn’t fit after all!

You just proved my point, the point is that you are not going to go to the car dealer and buy the parts you are going to go to the car dealer to buy the whole car.

The whole car represents the robot topic and the engine and elec is the microcontroller and sensors.

So you see that people want a topic just for robotics not just indivual parts.

See what I am saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Roboticinfo, perhaps it is good that we do not have a robotics topic area if it will only attract such argument. There is no reason to flame here on this website. There are plenty of robotics specific websites out there. This website is dedicated to "electronics", not robotics. Please view the banner at the top of the page. It does not say "Robotics". It says "Electronics". Please note that Electronics is only a small portion of robotics. Hence, this would not be the place for it. There is no point to go on about it.

MP