Electronics-Lab.com Community

My solderstation failed

Staigen

Guest SM2GXN

Hi Staigen!

I might have schematic on the WECP-20 at my work, use to repair them but never had any fault that needed schematic yet meaning that faults were not hard to solve.
I'm on vacation right now but I have to stop by at work on monday, forgot some books there. I'll check if we have any.
What is the problem with your WECP-20?

Björn

Thanks Björn(Bjorn) and Ante. The EC-2002 shematic seem so be similar to the WECP-20 (minus the display). Maybe you know by desciption whats wrong. This happens: when you switch it on the green lamp comes on and it start to heat, but in a minut or so the green lamp goes out and the tip is just only a little warm and start to cool down.

//Staigen

Hi Staigen,

I have very little to non experience with this type of station but my guess is the heat element has an open circuit once it gets a little hot! Try to measure the resistance in the element when it is hot (as hot as it gets) and then let it cool of while the meter is still attached. This might be a long shot, but I would start from there.

Guest SM2GXN

Hi Staigen!

I'm sorry but we didn't have any schematics for WECP-20.
I got one my self and have never had any trouble with it.
Those we got at my job usually got bad elements or broken cable between the connector and soldering iron.
Up on what you describe I would suspect the element, I've replaced quite a few  ;D

Bjorn

Hi Ante and Bjorn and all you others :), sorry i dont have been online for a week, but my computer chrashed :(, i belive it was some kind of virus, i am now at a friends computer and write this. I havent had any possibillitys to check anything at my solderstation this week :(, and not my computer either :(. Im going to upgrade the computer this comming week :), it will take almost the whole week, i belive. See you then, on my own computer, hopefully :).

Staigen