Electronics-Lab.com Community

Sequential Timers with PWM Motor Speed Control

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I gave the HydroFoam video's link to the local electric model airplane club. They are still laughing about it today. They told me where to stuff the Lawnmover video, they don't like smokey and noisy engines.

I need a cheap radio control system.
It is windy outside and winter is coming.
My electric airplane takes up half my kitchen table when I'm fixing it.
Hey, I have a $10.00 radio controlled micro car. I'll make an indoors ultralight little radio controlled electric airplane! I made a rubber-string powered one when I was a kid and it flew around in the living room for about a minute and a half. The propeller turned about 120 RPM, wuff, wuff, wuff. Like that. ;D

Hi Staigen,
In the 50's I went high-tech and got myself a geared winder for my rubber powered planes. A few years later when I got into the smokey, noisy planes I used a #6 dry cell to heat their glow plug. Have you seen the size and weight of a #6 dry cell? It could supply so much current it could light a paperclip. ;D ;D

Now, I'm going low-tech and behaving like a kid again. Lots of fun. ;D

Hi Audioguru

No, i haven't the slightest idea what a #6 dry cell is, but, is it about 2 inches in diameter and about 4 or 5 inches high? If so, then they are called tube glow battery here in sweden. They were aso used for glow plugs in those small engines. I did not had such a plane, i went for electonics instead.

//Staigen

Big, heavy batteries to light toobz?
The 1st portable radio I got in about 1957 had real transistors. It was a fairly small AM radio with a tapped 9V battery and a nice leather case. Later I used 2 ordinary 9V batteries in series and it was louder than anyone else had, and didn't smoke or blow up.
I had to fight with my twin sister over it. I am 1/2 hour older than her. ;D

Hehe

Big, heavy batteries to light toobz?

Yepp, and a bigger one for the anodes and screens, 108 Volts with taps at 90 and 99 Volts, if i remember right! You used the 90 tap when the battery was new and the others when the battery started to get exhausted!

The 1st portable radio I got in about 1957 had real transistors.

In 1957 transistor radios was very expensive here in Sweden! I dont remember prices.

It was a fairly small AM radio with a tapped 9V battery

Tapped battery? Was it running on several voltages?

Later I used 2 ordinary 9V batteries in series

Did you run a 9Volt radio on 18 Volts? Without smoking the output stage? Hehe ;D! No wonder it was loud ;D ;D!

I had to fight with my twin sister over it. I am 1/2 hour older than her.

How old are you? I was born in the beginning of 1946, so i'm 60 soon!

//Staigen

Hi Staigen,
Our nice uncle gave my sister and me for our birthday almost the 1st transistor radio ever made. A boss of mine at work gave me almost the 1st scientific calculator ever made, but it was very old when he gave it to me. It had a blue florescent display and was very slow. It took minutes to calculate some logs.
In university my calculator with its LED display had the longest battery life than anyone else had. I wired an electrolytic cap across the battery. Multiplexed LEDs operate with a very high peak current that is supplied longer by the cap when the battery become weak.

I'm ahead of you. I turned 60 a couple of weeks ago and get my 1st government pension cheque this month. Happy Birthday to you soon. ;D

And now i'm here again

It was a fairly small AM radio with a tapped 9V battery
Tapped battery? Was it running on several voltages?

??

I'm ahead of you. I turned 60 a couple of weeks ago and get my 1st government pension cheque this month. Happy Birthday to you soon.

Thank you :). Then we are about the same age ;D!

//Staigen