Electronics-Lab.com Community
Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad Abu Bakar

Difficulty finding a page within a single thread

Here goes the description of my problem!

I feel problem in accessing a page within a thread. For example if I have to go page 17 of 40 pages thread then I have to follow it sequentially.

If any solution could be found then this site will become many folde easier to browse.

Thanks.

I remember seeing this somewhere else- a little box popped up when the "pages" text was clicked. You simply entered the page number and you were taken to that page. Mayb something similar could be used here.

maybe the number of pages can be increased.. anyway, there's about a5-inch gap between the last page and the "mark as read" button"

on the other hand, opening a few extra pages sometimes reveal topics that becomes interesting all of a sudden..  ;D

it seemed like muhammad is not the first to encounter the problem.. note that mixos promised to fix the problem.. (extra note: i dont have anything against mixos, i know he has a lot of things to take care of  :P  ehehe)

http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?topic=114.0

8)

Why do we need a fix for this? There are a fixed number of messages per page. In the address bar above, see where it ends with .../index.php?topic=6816.0....
This means you are on the first page. For the second, it would end with ../index.php?topic=6816.14...for the third page, .../index.php?topic=6816.28...etc. Go to the first page of a long thread and try this to get you to the page you want.

MP

Hopefully all can figure it out now that the instruction is out there. There are also the numbers at the top of the message boxes, but that only allows you to go back a few pages at a time.
Also, when you browse around and want a quick bookmark to a thread you will want to come back to, you can just copy the info from the address bar and save it in a text file with some type of description. Much faster than a search.

Have fun!

MP