Electronics-Lab.com Community

parallel port not working

pier

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

My parallel port is not working . some one said that it is blown off and another said try change the mother board .

Could you suggest me to check what is the actual problem

Hi Pier.First check in motherboard bios is LPT port enable?
If does check device manager -status LPT port.If it seems to be OK,then try to reformat HDD(before it take a backup..)
Good luck,Kruno
Regards
Pier Francis

hi pier,
If your PC's parallel port is not accepting commands, it maybe your operating system.

Are using Win XP?, if yes, then it will block access from your program to the port.

If required download from the web 'inpout32.dll' and place it in the Windows/System directory.

Also check your PC's port Bios settings at boot up, the parallel port has a number of optional settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ESP
              Actually I have connected the printer to it . My printer prints its test page but nothing from the comp . The computer also displays its printing, But the printer prints nothing. I have bought a new one but still have the old mother board. My local hardware fellow told me to change the mother board or get it fixed which would cost me almost 75% of the new one and so i went for a new one . If suggessions are given from the community i would like to work on that personally . My bios settings are right .