Electronics-Lab.com Community

Far-distance remotely controllable rectifier with back-up battery

Hi all.I found a circuit which basically works like this...

A replaceable and rechargeable back-up battery and a ring-controlled switch circuit are provided to the rectifier of this invention to keep the machine working in case of an unexpected failure of the civil power or in response to detection of a phone call from a far distance to a ring-controlled switch for effecting a continuous power supply. Under normal conditions, the civil power is used to charge the back-up battery as a stand-by power source.

what i want to do now is i would like to build up this battery backup circuit.
however,i faced a problem here is there are no part number for this circuit and i have no idea how to figure out the part that in use..
what i mean is i don't know how to figure out the resistance,or the rectifier in use..

Is there anyone who have an experience on this and can give me some advice on that?

If really cant,is there anyone who can provide me a battery backup circuit as well?
Basically my project is almost the same as this.just the circuit is different..

post-28970-14279143313491_thumb.jpg

Q1 and U1 with 3 resistors forms a voltage regulator. R6 is a current limiter that charges the battery. D1 stops the main power from overcharging the battery but allows the battery to power the circuit when the main power doesn't work.

We can design a similar charging circuit for you if you tell us the details of your battery:
1) Chemistry? Lead-acid, Ni-Cad or Ni-MH.
2) Voltage?
3) Mah rating?

hi

Thanks for your explanation  :D

I understand how the circuit works..but i don't know how to choose the component which can be used for this circuit,such as the resistance of the resistor,the diode and etc..

I havent buy any component or battery to build this circuit.
Would you mind suggesting me the component which suits the circuit and can be obtained easily?

i found two circuits which seems like have the same function as i mentioned before..
Would you mind to have a look and give the opinion on that?
Do you think that it can be combined to meet the purpoes as the previous circuit?
If the circuit can be used,can you please explain the transformer and the rectifier in the circuit?
what kind of transformer and diode need to be bought for this?

If you have no idea of both circuit,can you please design one for me?
Really need your help..Thanks in advance

I understand how the circuit works..but i don't know how to choose the component which can be used for this circuit,such as the resistance of the resistor,the diode and etc.
I havent buy any component or battery to build this circuit.

You need to select a type of rechargable battery, its voltage and its capacity. Then you need to learn about how a battery charger circuit works and how to design one.

i found two circuits which seems like have the same function as i mentioned before.
Would you mind to have a look and give the opinion on that?

The fuzzy JPG is very hard to see. It should have been saved as a clear PNG file type.
The first circuit is a dual polarity power supply, not a battery charger.
The second circuit is wrong because its battery is connected to the wrong spot.

I copied this Ni-Cad battery charger circuit from the datasheet of the LM317 regulator. It is not recommended for newer battery types like Ni-MH and Lithium.

If the circuit can be used,can you please explain the transformer and the rectifier in the circuit?
what kind of transformer and diode need to be bought for this?

If you have no idea of both circuit,can you please design one for me?

You need to learn more about electronics for you to continue making this project.