Electronics-Lab.com Community

Printing negatives from Eagle.

• 3 weeks later...

If your printer does not have the capability to print negative, you can export as an image, then use your image editor such as microsoft paint, etc to invert the colors. Make sure the scaling is correct in Eagle for the image file format.
It is much better to use a positive photo etch if you can. The negative print will use up a lot of your black ink and you will need a good quality printer to keep from getting pin holes in the black print on the transparency if there are large places on the film.

Someone might have a better solution. I do not use negative images, but thought of this solution which will get you there if there are no other solutions submitted.

MP

• 2 weeks later...

MP,

What manufacturer/model number laser printer are you using to transfer your artwork/file to Press n Peel?
Techiks has stated Hp is a good choice but the latter source did not mention any particular model number etc...
Although, most laser printers use a similar method the fusing can be very subjective.

Thank you,

Omni

I do not use press and peel. I use presensitized positive photo etch boards and image them from a transparency which can be made from any laser or inkjet printer which has a high resolution. I use a 1200 dpi printer for the transparency.

MP

MP,

Actually, the process you described has been around a long time.
Although, the concept of photo sensitive copper clad boards will make the job much easier.
I remember having to use a resist/developer in a darkroom!

The method you described will allow much less overall error since it does not require a precise temperature for fusing (PnP) etc...

I have been using PnP and the overall method is a little loose since a variety of variables can make the outcome frustrating.
However, i am trying to sharpen my skill with the procedure.

Perhaps, if i start to become too frustrated i will resort to the method you outlined.

Furthermore, i believe your view has a lot less margin of error on both the material and user intervention.

Thank you,

Omni

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same problem. For differential etching the film must be inverted. I made a normal positive print and used reversing film to make a negative. There is reversing film at the market and it can be exposed like a board with photoresist. That way there were only negligible inaccuracies on the film and I could use it for double sided board. The rinsing water must not be too hot or too cold (just room temperature is OK).

If your electronic shop doesn't offer that kind of film check at a photo lab.

HtG