Electronics-Lab.com Community

Attack site

Hero999

It seems like Electronics Lab has been reported as an attack site. Every time I visit this place I get the following warning from Firefox, see attached. I wonder if this is because of the amount of spam that the bots post here?

One thing I have noticed is that this site does seem to be slower than others; there's a huge delay between me pressing a key and the letter appearing on the screen and I have to wait a long time for the display to catch up with my typing, it's ike using a really old computer way back in the 80s.

Frequently I cannot get into this site.
Frequently when I go to a topic then try to go back to the home page then my Internet Explorer shows "not responding" and nothing happens. I must Control-Alt-Delete to allow me to close the site.

My anti-virus software has found viruses on other sites and got rid of them. It has never found a virus on Electronic-Lab.

My typing here has never been slow.

Hackers hit the forum and injected malicious code on some files. I have cleared forum files and everything seems to be safe now. Soon Electronics-Lab.com site will be marked as safe from Firefox.

Did you still experience delay when typing?

Thanks Mixos, the admin.
we had issuess of unable  to land using FireFox  till perhaps yday afternoon( Indian standard time=UTC+5.30)
Same time we are able to land using IE8 from India. Today , Firefox is also normal

Thanks again !!

The problem has now been solved.

Google periodically scans all sites it crawls for viruses and adds any bad sites to a blacklist. Firefox has a security feature which automatically blocks blacklisted sites, therefore reducing the risk of getting a virus.

The text now appears on the screen much faster but it still isn't quite as fast as other sites. I haven't tested this with Internet Explorer so it could be a compatability problem with Firefox or the extensions I use.

It happened again just now with IE8:
1) I couldn't get in but instead got the backdrop showing the faint blue schematic. Then I tried Refresh and IE said "not responding".
2) Again I got the backdrop but tried to close IE. IE said "not responding".
3) I got in. I scrolled halfway down the home page then IE said "not responding".
4) I got in with Firefox and surfing worked well.
5) I got in with IE8 and surfing worked well.

I don't have any problems with any other site.

It happened again just now with IE8:
1) I couldn't get in but instead got the backdrop showing the faint blue schematic. Then I tried Refresh and IE said "not responding".
2) Again I got the backdrop but tried to close IE. IE said "not responding".
3) I got in. I scrolled halfway down the home page then IE said "not responding".
4) I got in with Firefox and surfing worked well.
5) I got in with IE8 and surfing worked well.

I don't have any problems with any other site.

check your privacy options  under tools_ internet options  for IE8 please.

My privacy options are set to medium. No cookies are blocked.
Today I could not get completely into this site on my first try but I could close it normally. I got in quickly on my second try.

All other sites do not have this problem of intermittent access.
I think the server here has some dead ports that I get into randomly.

My privacy options are set to medium. No cookies are blocked.
Today I could not get completely into this site on my first try but I could close it normally. I got in quickly on my second try.

All other sites do not have this problem of intermittent access.
I think the server here has some dead ports that I get into randomly.
While I understand your IE8 based issues.  The site management also can do their bit perhaps. How ever, you may check for Virus cleaning  by using some popular antivirus, on our part of end users.

I feel sad for the great loss of data pooled by lots of effort, over few years. I wait in anticipation of any good news . Perhaps the site admin may consider to load an earlier back up that might be still good instead of starting the calender ( of the site) with Jan 26th 2009.

Anti-virus doesn't give as much protection as most people think.

Don't forget that before a an anti-virus program can detect and remove a virus, the programmers need a sample of it, which they only normally get hold of after the virus has infected 1000s of computers.

Memory resident virus scanners also have the disadvantage of slowing your computer down, especially when they're downloading updates.

My son gave me RAM for Father's Day. Now I have 3 times as much RAM as I had and my pc runs much quicker. Now the anti-virus program can scan and I don't notice. It has caught many viruses before they are opened and has deleted or quarantined them. Never has a virus been found too late during a scan.

I have high speed cable internet so it can download many things at the same time extremely quickly. They recently increased the speed.