Electronics-Lab.com Community

There is a trojan pc virus here today.

audioguru

This probably has something to do with the error I've been receiving occasionally, nothing bad happens, the site just stops loading.

http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?topic=19340.0

I don't use Internet Explorer because I don't trust it.

I think I'll disable scripting for this site on my Windows install, just as a precaution. That reminds me,  I'll have to install the script blocking extension.

I don't run memory resident anti-virus because it's too much of a recourse hog:, using restricted user accounts under Windows is normally enough to stop most malware and Linux is pretty malware-proof.

I'll run a manual virus scan and see if I find anything as I occasionally visit this site in Windows.

By the way, you should never trust anti-virus software 100%, what happens if a virus is new and the anti-virus software vendor doesn't know about it yet? You have absolutely no protection!

Even whe best AV software only detects 90% of all malware.

I've installed no script.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

This extension blocks all scripts on all sites except the ones you white list which will prevent any malware from being installed, even if your antivirus program doesn't detect it and there's an exploit in Firefox.

This extension also block those annoying pop up links.

I also use Adblock plus so all those annoy adverts were blocked before I even installed NoScript.

Twice today when I logged in here my anti-virus software detected a trojan virus and deleted the file.
The third time it couldn't delete the file and recommended a re-boot which deleted the file.

Maybe I will not come here anymore to be greeted with pc viruses.
Most of the time I cannot navigate here anyway.

Twice today when I logged in here my anti-virus software detected a trojan virus and deleted the file.
The third time it couldn't delete the file and recommended a re-boot which deleted the file.

Got to love the joys of Windows and Internet Explorer. ;D

Do you have all the updates installed and are you using Internet Explorer 8?

Maybe I will not come here anymore to be greeted with pc viruses.
Most of the time I cannot navigate here anyway.

I agree, next time you might not be so lucky..

There was a code injection hack on the site yesterday. I have cleaned the files and I have taken protection measures. Now everything should be ok. I am sorry for any trouble it may caused. Please report any problem you may notice browsing the site.

I'm still getting the same error: this time I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 on Fedora Core 11 Linux.

It still seems like there's some suspicious code on this site.

Maybe the trojan has damaged some scripts so they crash IE and give errors in other browsers?

Clicking on the reload button invariably clears the error and it loads properly.

I haven't tried the home page yet.

I can't get http://www.mypagerank.net/ to work - I temporarily disabled Adblock which might have been blocking it.