Electronics-Lab.com Community

What are the most used electronic components?

Guest trekkiejonny

Guest trekkiejonny

I have recently been getting more and more into hobby electronics. I believe that I would one day like to make a career out of this. There is an electronics surplus store that I get components from but unfortunately it is a 2 hour drive away. At this place the components are very cheap, like pennies for 10, and there are just so many shelves full of trays with what looks like everything I could ever want.

My questions is, what components are the most used? What should I stock up on?

What ranges of Capacitors, Resistors, Diodes, and Inductors would I be using the most starting out in electronics?

Are there any other components I should get while am at it? ICs, Transistors, Relays, Motors, etc? I want to get into Radio and Robotics once I get a grasp on the basics.

Thanks for any and all help

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest harrymann

All sorts of electronic components have a particular usage for any electronic devices. Nevertheless, I guess OP-Amps, Resistors, Diodes, Capacitors and Inductors are the most common electronic components.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I think membrane switch...

Membrane switches are the modern version of mechanical types and are meant to deliver exceptional performance when put inside dominant devices. These are just short switches that are widely employed in many electronic appliances today.

These switches are now highly preferred over the traditional ones as they come with customizable options. They are incorporated with print copper or silver because of the main circuit layer. They can be non-tactile or may have a tactile response which then makes the device fast and minimizes its operation time. They also provide the very best level of responsibility, execution, and integration, which are required today as we need precise switches to run advanced and sensitive electronic switches.

• 2 months later...

There are so many electronic components like.
1-Resistor.
2-Capacitor.
3-Diode.
4-Transistor.
5-Integrated Circuit (IC)
6-Relay.
7-Inductor.
8-Crystal.
I need this electronic component so I could not find any component. After a few days, my friend told me about GREATPCB.

• 4 months later...