Electronics-Lab.com Community

PCB design

Guest GoodmanMotor

Guest GoodmanMotor

Hello, i was given a project in my university which told me to make a PCB design for any imaginary but functional and relatively complicated circuit. I've never done any design of PCBs, and i dont even know what kind of program i should use for this. I would like to ask how is PCB actually designed?

• 2 months later...

• 6 months later...

like kbynre said, try a free version of pcb design software. here is the link to cadsoft eagle  (cadsoftusa.com) which also offers a lot of tutorials. i think this may help you out.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

While you start designing your PCB, it’s a good idea to make a schematic of your circuit. The schematic will serve as a blueprint for laying out the traces and placing the components on the PCB. For a Beginner in PCB Designing, Start with Simple & user friendly software like Eagle, Proteus etc. The PCB editing software can import all of the components, footprints, and wires into the PCB file, which will make the design process easier. If you are good in circuit reading & drawing, you can easily make schematics in the PCB, through which you can create net-list & make layouts for the circuits.

• 2 months later...

For a Beginner in PCB Designing, Start with Simple & user-friendly soft-wares like Eagle, Proteus etc.

If you are good in circuit reading & drawing, you can easily make schematics in the PCB, through which you can create net-list & make layouts for the circuits.

There are basic rules to be followed while making Layouts in PCB. something like this, you can find more stuff online.