Electronics-Lab.com Community

I have a 40 inch Proscan LCD TV that power cycles with a red LED.

Guest dani9678

Guest dani9678

The TV model is proscan 40LC45S57. What happens when I plug it in, I here a repetitious high pitch wine pulse as the LED stays red and you here the speakers popping and the relays inside clicking in sync. I removed the back cover to do a visual inspection to see if there were any blown capacitors or burnt ICs but couldn't tell visually. I decided to go ahead and disconnect the cable that runs from the power board over to the back light inverter. After I plugged it back in I saw a red LED on the power board come on and the LED on the front of the TV switched from red to blue. I then took my flash light and shined it through the back side and then I could see that the "No Signal" message was displaying. So apparently there must either be a short in the inverter board or do you think that maybe the power supply isn't strong enough to supply power to the inverter and that is why it is cycling? I also notice that when I turn the TV off that there is a high pitch wine coming from what looks like the smaller of the two transformers on the power supply board.

What should I do at this point? Could it have both a bad inverter and a PSU board?

Thanks,
Matt

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest atlanticav

Not sure if you have repaired your tv yet or not but most of the time if the transformer on the power supply is making a noise then its the power supply bad. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

• 1 month later...