Sign in to follow this  
kbyrne

NEC Rotery Switch

I need some help as this part has no letters, numbers ect on it. This is a NEC amplifier and it is a two position switch except the wire hook up to mother board is a flat cable type that seems to be seperated into three different cables surrounded by black plastic. Can three wires be soldered on to this cable? If no how to find a OEM part with no part number? It is a phono selector type MC/MM.

Guest liquibyte

I need some help as this part has no letters, numbers ect on it. This is a NEC amplifier and it is a two position switch except the wire hook up to mother board is a flat cable type that seems to be seperated into three different cables surrounded by black plastic. Can three wires be soldered on to this cable? If no how to find a OEM part with no part number? It is a phono selector type MC/MM.

Images always help, do you have a picture of it?

Two photos attached but they are not real clear as I discovered I need a new camera. Please view and advise as best you can.  P.S. I discovered a letter in a box on the front of switch. Letter is
(A). Kevin

post-60371-14279144889456_thumb.jpg

post-60371-14279144890099_thumb.jpg

On the bottom of this switch is a metal strip and a metal button. When the switch is turned to the right the button raises upwards and then lowers. That action changes it from position A to position B.
How do I rewire this switch as it is a orirional NEC switch?