Electronics-Lab.com Community

About file uploading

audioguru

It looks like the new software for this site does not allow an attachment to be made so we will never see the schematic.

There is a button here that says, "Insert other media" that might allow an attachment. I am attaching a box that says "TEST".

No, it allows only attachments that were made before, or from a URL.

The new software here is a nightmare!

I am making this new post to see if there is a box that says, "Drag files here to attach, or choose files" but the box is missing. Instead there is a box on the right side that says, "Insert other media" as I described before.

I use Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11.

Sorry, I will not use a different browser and I will not change anything because every other website forum works perfectly except this one with its new software.

Another problem is when I finish typing and push "Submit Reply" it says "Saving..." forever and I think it did not work. It should submit immediately and go back to the thread.

Sorry, I will not use a different browser and I will not change anything because every other website forum works perfectly except this one with its new software.

Another problem is when I finish typing and push "Submit Reply" it says "Saving..." forever and I think it did not work. It should submit immediately and go back to the thread.

I don't ask you to change your browsing habits, just asking to test another browser to find out the cause of issue, means to help me find the cause. As for the "Saving" it should be an instantaneous server lag.

Edited by admin

I have always used Microsoft Internet Explorer with no problems until this website got new software. I think Admin should download Internet Explorer to see what causes the problem, not me trying another browser (which one, Firefox, Chrome or another?)..

I was asking to test another browser because the issue seems to be on your end. I managed to upload a file above with no errors. I am just curious what causing the error on your end.

Your Windows 7 is much older than my Windows 8.1 Pro.

Can you try Windows 8.1 Pro like millions of other people have?

I do not see "Saving..." anymore when I submit a reply. 

The properties of your attachment show that it is a URL, not an attachment from your hard drive. I need to make attachments from my hard drive.

Edited by audioguru