Tingobap

Changing just the AC Frequency

Hello there I am very new to this wonderful world of electronics, I need help in finding or designing a unit that will in AC 110-120 50hz and output AC110-120 60hz. I will be running a maximum of 5 to 10 amps. Any help/advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much

Use the 120VAC 50Hz to drive a 110V 60Hz motor driving an alternator. Use magic to adjust the frequency

Make an audio amplifier powered from 120VAC 50Hz with 120VAC 10A (1200W!) output and feed it a 60Hz sinewave. 

Thanks so much for your reply but I was more thinking of a small box of sort that I could take around with me if needs be. Something like the attached image. 12x8 inches 

0B07A604-A2C7-4942-A9AF-EEF7BF46552C.jpeg

If you make a circuit that uses high frequency pulse-width-modulation for making the 60Hz sinewave then its could be 90% efficient and produce "only" 120W of heat when its output is 1200W. Then it would need a pretty big heatsink with cooling fins.

So the next question is how what’s the next step in designing a unit like that and ofcouse the cost? I can plug in a soldering iron and touch some solder on it but that’s it as far as my electronics skills are concerned.