Electronics-Lab.com Community

Project: 40 & 28 PIN PIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD

sblgc

Hello there, i intend to use this project for my homework, but there are some things that i don't understand. I am a little amateur about board design and stuff, so pls don't judge me :)

In the schematic, there are so much capacitors connected to VCC (a lot of VCC's) and i don't understand why. Aren't they all going to be paralleled? And of course which VCC is which and which capacitor belongs to which VCC pin? Please enlighten me about these.

Also, in the regulator section, there are 1n5422 diodes, but i can't find these diodes in my country. Is there any equivalent for that?

The link for the project: http://www.electronics-lab.com/project/40-28-pin-pic-development-board/

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Hi there,

These capacitors are filter ones and need to be placed in various spots on the board, near voltage inputs, outputs, IC power pins and other place, so they filter the noise on the Vcc line across the board, so that's why they are many and connected on main voltage.

1n5422 diodes (Schottky diode 40V 2A) are used to protect the ICs from reverse input voltage on their Vin pins, as they allow current to flow in one direction. You can use any Schottky diode with same characteristics.

Welcome to our community,

Mike