Electronics-Lab.com Community

I need more ideas on underwater transmitter and receiver circuit designs

I want to design an underwater optical communication system with high speed and bandwidth to show the effects of absorption, scattering and turbulence. I need ideas on the circuit design for the transmitter and receiver. I would also need to simulate it on Optisystem and Matlab. I need ideas on how to simulate the processes on these programs. Thanks in advance .

Just to check that I have this correctly; You want to simuulate, then build, something to show that the effects you mention (over range) makle it basically non-viable for any significant range system?

So, do you want to choose parameters, eg light frequency/colour/wavelength for maximum perfrmance, or minimum; to show the effects?

If you simulate first, I guess you have to already have good models for scattering & turbulance you expect in your area of application. MIght vary with circumstances.

There are many free-space optical links and projects about intended for air. Maybe start there?

Also, what's your budget? Are we talking million-dollar research budget or limited budget DIY?

Google (free-space optical communications diy)

got me 

https://www.hackster.io/musti/koruza-2b1824

an open-source, open hardware project and others