Electronics-Lab.com Community

Boolean Algebra

cahlucas

Hello everyone,

For a programming project I am dealing with Boolean algebra which I cannot figure out. It's about minimizing gate logic using Petricks method. For those of you who are not familiar with this, I have added a link at the bottom. The part that I can't figure out is just after the part where it says: = (K + LM) (N + LQ) (P + MQ). I cannot follow how the Bolean algebra ends up on this, given the formulas in the text. I hope that maybe someone among you is very adept at this and can explain it to me. Thanks in advance. Kind regards, Karel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrick%27s_method

from Wikipedia:

= (K+L)(K+M)(L+N)(M+P)(N+Q)(P+Q)
 = (K+LM)(N+LQ)(P+MQ)
 = (KN+KLQ+LMN+LMQ)(P+MQ)
 = KNP + KLPQ + LMNP + LMPQ + KMNQ + KLMQ + LMNQ + LMQ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K * N+LQ   +  LM*(N+LQ)

K * N+LQ = KN+KLQ    and LM*(N+LQ) =  LMN+LMQ

for the : (KN+KLQ+LMN+LMQ)

for the fourth line multiply the third line  by P and then by MQ from (P+MQ)

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the informative topic, I'm just studying this, also for I recommend a useful resource that will help save time, especially for students, go to https://edusson.com/ and check out the services of this service, Edusson will help you write your essay from initial topic to finished paper, there is information about the best performers, their ratings, functions and their profiles, go now, this will help you get high-quality work in a quick time frame.