Electronics-Lab.com Community

Newbie Circuit Designer

I have come hat in hand to try and get your opinions on what is the easiest and quickest to learn a Circuit Designer software.

Ideally I want a Free and open source product that would allow the importing of circuits and components into the application when the component can not be found in the component library!

I am a struggling elderly person who has bashed around circuits for several years and want and need a rather basic design product to assist in putting together designs that come to mind. Previously I used trial and effort with a bread board and or building a circuit with components and solder.

What suggestions might you have???

"LTspice® is a high performance SPICE simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of analog circuits." 

There are numerous tutorials and manuals for LTspice online. You can import component models not in its library into it using other spice models.

see:  https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/design-tools-and-calculators/ltspice-simulator.html

A circuit in LTspice:

circuit369.png.988f480e0c2553a3ac7c07b74b08030d.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I think we have so many open source software that can help you learn about circuits design. The best thing is first to get some relevant knowledge on simple electronic components and their functions eg resistors,  capacitors,  diodes,  transistors,  inductors and transformers. If you get information about this you will be almost there and you can start designing your first simple circuit.